Alicia godsey omaha – Love to entertain but hate the hassle? These holiday and Christmas party entertaining tips will make your next celebration a snap.
With the holiday season just around the corner, chances are you’re already planning your annual festivities and Christmas party menus. Whether it’s for a small family get-together or a large gala affair, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all there is to do – even if you love to entertain.
Alicia godsey omaha – I believe holiday parties should be fun and festive, not stressful. So take it easy this year with these five Christmas party entertaining tips – and discover how easy your holiday parties can be.
1. Embrace the imperfections. Sure, a flawless party sounds fantastic. But if you want to enjoy yourself, too, this might be the most important of our Christmas party entertaining tips. By trying too hard to make everything just so, you might just make yourself crazy! So relax – a batch of burnt cookies or a glass of spilled wine won’t ruin the night, but getting anxious or angry just might.
2. Prep wisely. Made In Napa Valley products make it easy to prepare your meal in advance, so you’re not slaving away in the kitchen during your whole event. For Christmas party menus you can make ahead of time, try cold hors d’oeuvres like cheese platters with fresh fruit and herb-rubbed nuts, easy-to-make appetizers like smoked turkey wraps, or even an impressive puff pastry tart.
3. Get a little help from your friends. Invite a few close friends over early to help put the finishing touches on the decorations and hors d’oeuvres. With a couple of helpers, a bottle of wine and some good friends, setting the table and rolling out puff pastry won’t feel like a chore.
4. Make your meals festive, not fussy. Holiday and Christmas party menus needn’t be seven-course feasts to be delicious. Instead of trying to impress your guests with fancy recipes, plan a menu that embraces everyday gourmet. With fresh flavors, seasonal ingredients and complementary spices, even a simple dish will taste divine. For example, instead of slaving all day over a French leg of lamb recipe, cook yours the Made In Napa Valley way – rub it with a mixture of Raspberry Balsamic with Lemon, extra-virgin olive oil and a, marinate for a couple of hours and roast. What could be simpler?
5. Don’t go, overboard. There are thousands of incredible holiday recipes out there, but let’s face it: you just can’t cook them all (at least not all at once)! One of the most important holiday and Christmas party entertaining tips is to limit your menu to a manageable number of recipes – it will save time and make each one more memorable. If you’re serving dinner, stick to one main course and just two to three side dishes. For cocktail parties, seven or eight types of threats may be just right. But whatever you do, don’t forget dessert!
Alicia godsey omaha – With gourmet sauces, rubs, seasonings and more from Made In Napa Valley, it’s easy to enjoy Gourmet Every Day, even over the holidays! So let go of your stress this holiday season with our Christmas party entertaining tips and simple, easy-to-use products – and you can finally have the fun, low-pressure parties you’ve always dreamed of.